Members take as much as they'll eat, pay what they can, and skip the veggies they don't like - for folks in Forest Grove, Cornelius, Hillsboro, Banks and, of course, Gales Creek, where we are located.
CertifiedOrganic, Organic Practices
SNAP, Double Up Food Bucks, Payment Plan, Need-Based Discount, CashCheck, CreditDebit
The nitty-gritty, practical details...
• We offer 10-20 organic vegetables each week, including a limited amounts of herbs and flowers. You take as much as you need of each veggie, with limitations on some veggies. To learn more about what’s in your CSA and see example CSA shares, visit: http://zephyr-farm.com/example-csa-shares/
• Season Length is June – October.
• Pickup Location is at Zephyr Farm (53247 NW Old Wilson River Road, Gales Creek) - a short drive for your CSA from Forest Grove, Cornelius, Hillsboro, and Banks.
• Pickup Time is Tuesday afternoons.
• Weekly Cost is as little as $11/adult and $5/child. You pay what you can based on household size. To learn more about our sliding scale, visit: http://zephyr-farm.com/sliding-scale-csa
• Payment can be all at once or monthly and we accept cash, check, credit, debit, and SNAP (food stamps). We also participate in the SNAP match program, Double Up Food Bucks.
We hope that your CSA is a weekly opportunity to reconnect with nature and agriculture, similar to going for a hike in the woods and much more than a grocery run. We will be eating together at on-farm potlucks, learning together, playing together, and there will be opportunities to help with some of the farm work as well.
Visit us after you sign up...
We ask that those of you who are interested in joining the CSA come out and see the farm before you send us any payment. We want you to know what you’re getting into—and who you’ll be seeing throughout the season!
Bryan Allan and David Wills-Ehlers started this farm business together in 2022. Combined, we have over 20 years of organic vegetable farming experience. We met while farming together at Zenger Farm in Southeast Portland. Zenger Farm is a non-profit educational farm where we are proud to have spent many years training the next generation of farmers and creating a more just food system, for instance by pairing CSA farms with low-income health clinics. We both live out at Zephyr Farm with our families as well as some of our other friends, and our pet cats and dogs. Right now it’s just us doing all the work, with the help of our friends, volunteers, and our CSA members, but in the future we hope to hire a small farm crew as well.
Main Season (June - November)
Full Size, Small Size, Market Share
Time Based CSAs:
Pickup and Delivery: